PLEASE STRESS to your students:
- Behavior/Talking (Rehearsal Etiquette)
- Traveling in groups during breaks, NO WANDERING ON CAMPUS
- NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE CHAPEL.
- Save their voices, they have a LONG day!
- Please bring a PENCIL and ALL MUSIC
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2016
Dallas Baptist University
3000 Mountain Creek Pkwy.
Dalas, Tx 75211
CHECK-IN 8:30 A.M. (Pilgrim Chapel Foyer)
Rehearsal begins promptly at 9:00 AM
Doors open at 6:30 PM
Concert begins at 7:00 PM
- Concert Attire:
- REMEMBER: We will not have a uniform closet at our disposal this year. Please ensure each student has every item for their uniform.
- Students can dress comfortably for the day. (No pajamas please)
- Concert is formal choir uniform. Whatever that is for your school, have them bring it to change into later in the day. Items should be well labeled with name and school to avoid confusion.
- WE HAVE AWESOME CLINICIANS!!!! Please get your kiddos excited about THE OPPORTUNITY to spend a day with these conductors!
- No cell phones, no talking, and make sure they are attentive.
- Director & Student Lunches:
< >Lunches for directors in Region XX have been paid for by the region. Directors will eat in the dining hall as well.Teachers will be given meal tickets for students on Monday night at rehearsal and YOU will be responsible for distributing them to each of your students that paid. (If you know your students lose things quickly make sure you remind them they will not be given another ticket). Teachers who have students with no meal ticket will pay full price in the dining hall. Choir Coordinators will give section leaders the updated times for lunch, we will need to make sure students eat quickly in order to make room for
- Medical Emergency Information:
- Please make sure you BRING all information for your students with you to DBU in case of an emergency.
- Director Tasks and Schedules:
- Attached is the schedule for Tuesday along with your assignment.
- Section leaders will take roll for each section at certain rehearsals. They will also assist students with their behavior and troubleshoot any situation that arises.
- They will sit/stand in the area where the choir sits to assist the students with their behavior during the concert.
- Choir Coordinators are the "care taker" of the clinician and the choir. They will watch the time, make announcements to students about breaks, lunch, where to meet next, etc.
- Other jobs will occur throughout the day. Please be the consummate professional and help! Be ready and willing to jump in where needed.
- Concert Recordings for Purchase:
- STUDENTS OR PARENTS RECORDING DURING THE CONCERT WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
- Parents do not realize that if they record with their cell phones, they become liable for copyright infringement not to mention the annoyance it causes for the concert viewers.
- We have contracted with a TMEA vendor to produce a professional audio and video recording of the concert. Order Forms are attached and will be available in the lobby and your DVD purchase will include a DVD mailed to your home, an online video that you can share with relatives that could not attend, audio files of the music, and pictures from the performance. TMEA does not allow the audio or video recording of any of their concert performances. This includes, but is not limited to, cell phones, digital cameras, camcorders, and audio devices.
- T-shirts and plaques will also be available for purchase in the lobby!
- NO FOOD OR DRINK WILL BE BROUGHT OR CONSUMED IN THE CHAPEL.
- We want to make sure we respect the space and leave it better than we left it.
- Teachers please help keep this space clean during the day, students shouldn't leave anything behind.
- Changing Rooms:
- LADIES: Sadler Hall
- GUYS: Great Hall
- Section Leaders will help monitor these spaces.
- Students will be instructed which rooms to go to during the break in their rehearsals. Please remind them that after the concert they will need to take EVERYTHING with them.
- At the end of the night all items left behind will be thrown away.